12 December 2010

recycled xmas tree

This is the tree my husband and I made last Christmas. We used a gumtree branch we found in the park and sprayed it white. We made the decorations with milk cartons, by cutting two of each shape and pasting the outside together, leaving the pretty silver lining on the outside. There were trees, birds and stars and for a touch of colour I painted wooden pegs red with little white dots.


We hosted Christmas Eve dinner and to keep it with the good-for-the-planet theme, there were no disposable plates, glasses or cutlery. The little red trees were made with the same milk cartons, which had red bits on the outside. The "ho" "ho" "ho" you can see in the picture were used cardboard coasters we got from our local pub, the Bank Hotel. They had four different types of coasters, "BA", "NK", "HO" and "TEL", which complemented each other like a puzzle. I hope they didn't notice they were down a few "HO"s.

2 comments:

  1. haha I am sure the pub won't miss a few "HO"s!! That is hilarious and a great find too!

    The simple branch in a vase is a lovely idea - very modern look too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it Rebecca! Looking back I can think of a few ways to make it even greener.... but I guess it was a good start. Can always improve next time!

    ReplyDelete