15 January 2011

simple homemade christmas gifts

I can’t believe half of January is already gone! I hope it’s a sign that I’ve been having a good time. Either that or I’ve been really REALLY slack with my posts because here I am still posting about my Christmas crafts.
I’ve made these cookie jars for my work colleagues. As we didn’t have a kris kringle (aka secret santa) in the office this year, I had to come up with an affordable homemade gift to be able to give a gift to everyone rather than having to pick only a few people.
These charming glass jars actually came from my office. For some reason they don’t buy coffee in bulk and as a result we have two or three of these great looking airtight glass containers going to the bin every week. They are recycled but still... reuse comes before recycle!
So I’ve collected a few week’s worth of empty coffee jars, took them home and soaked them in water so I could remove the stickers.
I used scraps of felt and ribbons (most likely from previous Christmas gift wrappings) I had at home for the decorations. I baked a few batches of cookies and after they cooled down I filled up the jars.
Such a simple gift, so low cost and so fun to make. And made all my colleagues – and thus myself – so happy! Oooohhh... I miss Christmas already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment