10 April 2011

80s party

I’ve been busy the last month planning an 80s party for my husband’s 30th birthday. Most of our friends, including ourselves, grew up in the 80s so I thought would be a good opportunity to bring some childhood memories back.
I’m quite happy with what I’ve managed to do with a low budget and recycling/reusing as many materials as possible. I made two big statement pieces – a Pac Man maze and a Donkey Kong screen – and complemented them with cassette tapes, VHS, LPs that I’ve found at Reverse Garbage.
The food was largely based on 80s finger food. The cake and sweets followed the arcade videogame theme.
Cocktails were huge in the 80s but they can be quite messy and time consuming to prepare fresh at the party, so instead I’ve decided to make jelly shot cocktails.
It was great to see the great lengths people go to dress up and get in the theme. In the links above you’ll find how-tos and tips on how to organise your own 80s party. Hope you can pick up an idea or two for your own totally awesome 80s party!

No comments:

Post a Comment